We didn’t know this sort of thing existed, but we appreciate the nomination. So, thanks Jordan Bates! We’re glad you discovered us and we love the idea of helping other bloggers get discovered. We hope our readers enjoy a little insight into the minds of the ladies of 80 Books…
1. What was the first book you ever read?
TQ – I don’t exactly remember, but it was probably a Berenstain Bears. That’s one I can remember clearly.
Heather – The first chapter book I remember reading on my own was My Father’s Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett (I only remember because of the cover).
2. Who is your favorite author?
TQ – Maureen Smith, Beverly Jenkins, Diana Gabaldon, Tiffany Reisz, J.K. Rowling, Bernice McFadden.
Heather – J.K. Rowling, Neil Gaiman, Diana Gabaldon, Margaret Atwood, Toni Morrison
3. What’s your favorite place you have traveled to?
TQ – London, though Paris is a very close second.
Heather – London and Rome
4. Why did you start blogging?
TQ – It was a requirement for a magazine editing and writing class for a master’s degree in publishing. This blog was started b/c we needed more exposure in this industry.
Heather – Same as above, and as an outlet for writing.
5. What is your favorite hobby?
TQ – Reading, of course. Though I like to cook and dance.
Heather -Reading, people watching
6. What’s your favorite quote?
TQ – I have 2. The first is from Lady Chatterley’s Lover: “A woman has to live her live, or live to repent not having lived it.” The other is from Aristotle: “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
Heather – Since TQ is doing two quotes, so am I! “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost. The second is: “Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.” – Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
7. What Harry Potter house are you a part of?
TQ – I’m officially Ravenclaw on Pottermore (QueenCauldron73).
Heather – Took the Pottermore quiz recently and I am a Gryffindor!
8. What fandoms are you a part of?
TQ – I’m not really into fandoms much anymore, but I’ll always be a Potterhead. And I love Outlander, but those ladies can be intense. I’m definitely an Original Sinner (Tiffany Reisz), or at least I aspire to be.
Heather – In as much as I like reading fan theories and watch the shows/ movies/ podcast regularly? Harry Potter, Welcome to Night Vale, Outlander, Game of Thrones
9. What is your favorite TV show(s)?
TQ – Outlander, Blackish, Power, Jane the Virgin, Empire, Grimm, Sleepy Hollow, though not as much now as season 1. Oh! And Penny Dreadful, which might be the best show on TV right now.
Heather – Outlander, Game of Thrones, Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, Orange is the New Black, Daredevil, Doctor Who
10. What is your least favorite movie?
TQ – Not sure I have one. Though, Fifty Shades is probably the worst one I’ve seen recently.
Heather – The Room (I honestly hate that movie, and not in an ironic way)
11. What do you love/hate the most about Disney?
TQ – I hate how Frozen gets so much attention for being a “feminist” movie, when it’s just as problematic as all the previous princess movies.
Heather – Unrealistic expectations for men and hair.
11 Blogs We Nominate for The Liebster Award
(Though we honestly don’t know how many followers you have)
Our 11 Questions For Our Nominees
1. What defines a good book for you?
2. Other than blogging, do you do any other writing? What kind?
3. What’s the one book you’d NEED with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
4. Preferred mode of time travel: time-turner, standing stones, or TARDIS? Why?
5. Where and when would you go if you could time travel?
6. What’s the one book adaptation you would NEVER want Hollywood to make b/c there’s just no way it can be done right?
7. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
8. What book do you hate, but everyone seems to love?
9. Was there a person who inspired you to start reading?
10. What fantasy world would you most like to live in?
11. What is your favorite quote?
RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD
1st Rule – Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2nd Rule – Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3rd Rule – Answer the 11 questions, given to you by your nominator.
4th Rule – Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
5th Rule – Must inform the bloggers that you nominated their blog for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
6th Rule – Create your own 11 questions for your Nominees to answer.