We’re back! And continuing our Potter re-read along with Rosie from Shelfie. This month, we’re diving into Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets!
Here’s our schedule:
- March 7: Birthdays, House elves, and The Burrow (Ch. 1-6)
- March 17: Welcome to Year 2 (Ch. 7-12)
- March 28: The Heir of Slytherin (Ch. 13-18)
Brush up on your Parseltongue and read along with us.
This month’s giveaway is a Dobby Funko Pop! To enter, comment with your answers to the trivia and discussion questions each week and follow the steps on the Rafflecopter widget.
This week, we’re focusing on the first 6 chapters. Just answer the three questions below:
1. Mrs. Weasley sent you a Howler in the middle of the Great Hall? What mischief did you get up to? Tell us in her voice.
2. Trivia: Name all of the Weasley siblings in order from oldest to youngest.
3. What’s your preferred method of magical travel – broomstick, flying Ford Anglia, or the floo network?
Look for more questions and more chances to win in the coming weeks as we read the rest of the book. The winner will be announced on March 31, 2016!
Here are our answers!
- Heather: My mischief is always managed, Mrs. Weasley! What are you talking about I left my dirty robes in the common room like a slob! That wasn’t me I swear! Ron framed me!
Tqwana: “Tqwana B! Have I not taught you anything?! What do you mean getting caught out of bonds, after curfew, and dragging poor Harry along in your mischief! That is not what his cloak is meant for! I can’t even repeat aloud what you were caught doing! You are grounded until seventh year!
- There are quite of few of them. Did you miss any? Got the twins in the right order?
- Heather: I’m going to go with broomstick, but floo powder would be a close second.
Tqwana: I’m going for the flying car. All or nothing. Misuse of Muggle Artifacts – no big deal!