It’s week 2 of our Chamber of Secrets reread with Shelfie. We hope you’ve been reading along with us.
Here’s our schedule again. This week we’re back at Hogwarts!
- March 7: Birthdays, House elves, and The Burrow (Ch. 1-6)
- March 17: Welcome to Year 2 (Ch. 7-12)
- March 28: The Heir of Slytherin (Ch. 13-18)
Don’t forget to enter for a chance to win a Dobby Funko Pop!* To enter, comment with your answers to the trivia and discussion questions each week and follow the steps on the Rafflecopter widget.
Just answer the three questions below:
- You just joined the dueling club. What’s your go-to defense spell? Think like a second year.
2. Trivia: Name ALL the ingredients used to make Polyjuice Potion.
3. If you could make Polyjuice Potion, who would you choose to turn into?
Look for more questions and more chances to win in the coming weeks as we read the rest of the book. The winner will be announced on March 31, 2016!
Here are our answers!
- Heather: Expelliarmus would be the best, like Tqwana says, it’s Harry’s go-to.
Tqwana: I have to be like Harry – Expelliarmus! Or Protego, but I’m not sure that’s a 2nd year spell.
- Everyone knows the bit of the person you’re turning into, so we don’t mind sharing that one. What else???
- Heather: Can I be Caitriona Balfe for a day? Making out with Sam Heughan, hanging out on the Outlander set, wearing beautiful costumes…
Tqwana: I think I’d like to be Michelle Obama for a day. She’s just so fit, gorgeous, statuesque. Doesn’t hurt that she’s married to POTUS. And those arms! It’s mostly for the arms…
** ICYMI, take this Mugglenet Quiz to test how well you know each chapter image.**
*Contest open to US and Canada only