By Heather A.
There was a pretty horrendous article published this week written by a teacher/author making fun of young adult literature and how it’s ruining society. Here’s some books you can check out that definitely fit this bill. They are so awful you should probably read them twice just to be sure.
(Since this is a #FridayReads post, I’ve decided to only select books on my TBR shelf. And in case my sarcasm isn’t coming through, that article is garbage and should be deleted. Young Adult books are some the most engaging books in literature and to dismiss it so blatantly based on Twilight tropes is the definition of ignorance.)
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- Enter Title Here by Rahul Kanakia
- Change Places with Me by Lois Metzger
- Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel by Sara Farizan
- Serpentine (Serpentine #1) by Cindy Pon
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Signal to Noise by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor
- A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz
- Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson (Goodreads Author), Adrian Alphona
- Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo
What other books would you like to add? Leave a comment!